I'm sitting here and wondering how I can put off doing homework just a bit longer. So I thought I would tell you all a little about myself.
1. My name is.......we can leave that as a suspense yea...... :P
2. I am a current freshman in college.
3. I live in the U.S., but I was brought up in a first generation American household. Take of that what you will.
4. I went to a technology charter school. So, yes, I am a huge math, science, and tech geek. Sue me :P I just love tinkering with stuff and learning about how to create new machines and robots and gadgets and whatnot. I applied to college as a computer science major. Then I learned that programming is not my forte, in that I get tired of staring at code for too long. Once I get into the nitty gritty aspects of coding, I love it, but putting together the whole picture just doesn't seem to always work for me. So now I am pre-med. What a change, I know. Who knows, maybe in a year I'll just 360 it back to engineering major. Let's see where this road goes.
5. Music. I love all forms of music. It is a perfect go to for any situation.
6. I love the sun, but nighttime is when I'm alive.
7. In large crowds I am quite the introvert, but get me alone and I will not stop talking and will seem like a weirdo, but that's not always a bad thing, right?
8. I love chocolate. I think that is a given for most people....
9. I am a 90s kid through and through. Nothing can beat the kind of stuff they had back then. Of course, the technology now is 10 time better, but we can overlook that for now.
10. I don't consider myself as an artsy person, but people keep telling me that when I do crafts, I have an eye for it. So I'll take it.
11. I have a phobia of spiders, and bees, and basically anything that crawls (except babies, I love babies :P)
12. I don't smoke or drink. Personally, I don't know what the appeal of them are.
13. I love food. Anything sweet or spicy. I love a lot of flavor, so anything bland is not really on my long list of favorite foods.
14. Give me a laptop and wifi and I can keep myself occupied for hours, well more like days.
15. I am a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major.
16. I live in the U.S. but have been abroad before. I was born overseas, and moved quite a few times.
17. I love singing but I sound like a dying walrus most of the time, so I only tend to sing when I'm alone. No need to put anyone else through that torture :P
18. I love math. Currently taking Calculus II, and I plan on continuing until at least Multivariable Calculus or Linear Algebra.
19. When I wake up from a nap or am just tired or hungry, I get really grumpy. However, I have learned that I only get full on grumpy around my family. Here, at college, I tend to reign it in to the best of my abilities.
20. I can't wait until I am "all grown up." I just want to be out of school and settled in a job and a good home life. I want to skip all the years in-between. I know that those are the years to remember, but so far, it hasn't been all that great.
22. I'm scared that I won't get into medical school, and I don't really have a solid back-up plan.
23. My dream place to visit is London. Doesn't seem that exciting or exotic, but I would really just like to visit anywhere in Europe really.
24. I love love love reading. I don't have any time at all to read now due to all the schoolwork, which is why I can't wait until summer time.
25. I can speak more than one language. Which personally messes me up, especially when I want to describe something to someone in English and I am just sitting there trying to think of a good translation of the word. :P
Hope you guys enjoyed learning a bit more about me. Let me know your comments or if you have any questions or if you guys can relate in anyway. Always remember to never lose that smile :)
Monday, March 17, 2014
I hope you are wearing green! Ever heard of the phrase "get a pinch to grow an inch?" Well I have a feeling a whole bunch of people are going to be sprouting up like weeds today. Just kidding. :P
It's Monday, spring break just ended, and I have no motivation whatsoever. However, I am going to push through. Midterms have just finished and this is the time to crunch if I want those grades up before the end of the year.
But before I go, I thought I would just ramble here for a bit, get it out of my system. I have had so many flashbacks to my childhood today that I am slightly teary-eyed. I remember playing in parks and scavenging for four-leafed clovers in the grass fields. Do children even do that anymore? Some kids would put two clovers together and try and trick their friends into thinking they found the luckiest clover of all time. Did you ever do that? I am guilty of committing that little crime. :P I just loved getting one over my friends as a kid. If I do say so myself, but I was quite the little prankster.
Share some of your St. Patty's Day memories here. I would love to hear about them. Talk to you soon. Never lose that smile :)
Posted by AJ at 12:13 PM
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Everyone and anyone seems to have their own blog. So I thought, hell, I should start one too. I've done a couple for internships and whatnot, but never one for my personal life. My first post on this blog was from the day I graduated high school, which keep in mind was just last year. I planned on creating a blog of random thoughts and quotes daily that inspired me or I thought would be interesting to put down. Since then, I've posted some random things. what can I say, once you get to know me, you'll see that I really am crazy behind this shell. I am trying to keep a rhythm for this blog. I hoped to post daily, but that seems like a far fetched dream now. I just don't have time, but I will try.
Personally, I want this to be somewhere people can come to get a good laugh. I want you to be able to leave with a smile on your face and a significantly brighter mood. I have my own methods of coping with stressful situations and bad periods of life. I have certain sites and activities that I do that I know relax me and always leave me with a smile. I would love this to be a place like that for someone. If I can brighten just one person's day, I would be overjoyed.
So I will continue to post random thoughts, and events that take place in my life. I will not delete anything anymore, and I will let whatever happens happen.
Happy reading everyone, and do let me know if there are any comments or random questions you have for me.
Posted by AJ at 9:55 PM
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Monday, September 9, 2013
Thursday, August 15, 2013
I am slowly getting ready for a major change in my life. Next Friday I am moving into my dorm for college. Freshman year. I can't believe it's already time. I would love to go back to kindergarten and start all over again. I don't feel like I am ready. Putting an awkward turtle like me into the real world should be illegal. Surely I am a danger to all civilians of the world. Watch out people, here I come.
Posted by AJ at 9:59 AM